Sunday, May 17, 2015

self confidence is the best outfit. rock it. own it.

It's not easy wearing a visible brace everyday, but I've decided it doesn't matter what people think about me - it's okay to be different. It's not how the world perceives me, but rather it's what I see in myself. ♥

I am strong.
I am fearless.
I am brave.
I am kind.
I am determined.
I am independent.
I am me.

Everyday you have a choice. Are you going to take in what the world perceives (injured, weak, broken) or are you going to believe in all that you are? You are more than what meets the eye. Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise. Find the beauty in your strength and let that be your confidence.

Here are a few cute outfit ideas from the last couple weeks. ☺ It's been a little chilly and rainy in Dallas lately so while it may already be summertime, I'm still sporting a few winter favorites. With warmer weather in the forecast, I hope to post some cute additional outfits later this month!

 

Style tip: Neutrals are my favorite. ♥ You'll see nearly all my posts are with shoes that have a neutral base - grey, black, navy, tan. I really recommend finding a neutral colored shoe that you like - it will make all the difference!

Though not posted here, I wanted to mention Nordstrom Rack has really cute neutral colored Paige Denim skinny jeans that work great with the IDEO. The material is really light and fits close to the leg so that there is no bunching. I have a black and navy pair that go with a lot of outfits. #favorite #treatyoself

 

Workout update: Currently training for my next 10K race in about 5 weeks! Still on track for the Race for a Soldier 1/2 marathon in September so let the training continue :)

Bottom line, the world may try to make you feel different because of your injury, but you have to choose to see the strength that lies within. You are beautiful just the way you are. Rock it, sister! #OWNIT

No comments:

Post a Comment