Saturday, January 17, 2015

Fashion, Shoes & Fitness | What more could a girl ask for?

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I thought I'd share a photo summary of my past week and give you a little inspiration covering all the bases: fashion, shoes and fitness :)

Skirt Fashion: Below are two pictures of how I pair skirts with my IDEO during the winter. The key is finding a way to make the IDEO a seamless part of your outfits. I've found the easiest way to do this with your skirts (during the cold months) is by wearing tights. By doing this, the IDEO becomes magically less noticeable at first glance and your look feels more streamlined. Top it off with dark colored tennis shoes and a dark colored compression sock (whatever goes best with your tights) and you are set to go! NOTE: I've had to cut some of my tights because it was too compressing to wear tights + compression sock over... so keep that in mind. You can always cut the tights on your IDEO side leg if you need to (its a little tricky but doable!). It's all about finding what feels & works best for you :)
 

Shoes: I was so excited to get my new Brooks Glycerin's this week!  I can run like the wind in Brooks and they are super cushy. (To give you an indication of how they fit: I wear a men's 8 on the L and a men's 10 on the R with my IDEO.) I'm planning to supplement this pair with my other Brooks Glycerin's and rotate them out with all the running & activity I am doing. This greyish color is great and I know it will go with a lot of outfits too :) New shoes = happy Beth.☺

Brooks Glycerin ♥
Fitness: Last week I signed up with a local running store for a Spring Training Program. So excited! After reaching such a huge goal with Project Athena last November, I couldn't decide what I wanted to do in 2015... but I finally decided for year 2 in the IDEO to improve my running form and distance. So this spring I am training and working on pace/form from Jan - late April on 5-10K level races and then assuming my body holds up for me (I have a tendency to push it too hard sometimes.. hehe) I plan to train for and run in the Race for a Soldier half-marathon in September in Gig Harbor. I have also started adding in more formalized weight training and yoga... working on flexibility and muscle strength needed to keep good form while running and also to avoid injuries (ain't nobody got time for that!). I have a lot of work ahead of me this year but I think by taking a systematic approach to my training and building my base / form / pace from the ground up, I will be in good all around shape to train for a half-marathon. So more to come on this... But if I can do the half-marathon - that will be the first half-marathon in my IDEO! (definitely on my IDEO bucket list!)

 
#iloverunning
 
Sometimes all it takes is believing that YOU CAN. Believe that YOU CAN look cute in your IDEO, believe that YOU CAN get back to living life to the fullest again, and believe that YOU CAN do anything you set your mind to. It all starts with believing in yourself. Make it a great week! #achieveyourdreams #beYOU #beFABULOUS #IDEOnista

2 comments:

  1. Also this was the first one of these where I didn't have any knowledge of the subject before reading it and it was so wonderful and ahhhhhh these make today the best days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog - glad you like it! Have a great day :)

      Delete