Thursday, June 25, 2015

IDEOnista Spotlight: Deidra

Hi Everyone! Today I'd like to introduce you to my IDEOnista friend, Deidra. Bonded by a desire to find the perfect tennis shoe, Deidra and I have shared many a convo about IDEO outfit ideas! I'm so happy to share with you a little bit about her and I know she will inspire you to never give up! She inspires me!

How long have you had the IDEO?: 9 months

What is your clothing style?: I wear whatever makes me feel good. Before I had my injury I dressed super girly. I want to get back to that :) (and you will!)

Favorite outfit to wear with the IDEO: A pair of linen pants, a colorful cute tank and a jean jacket. I'm short, so finding the right jeans has been a little tough. I think I'm going to have to buy some and just get them tailored. However, I'm excited to start trying new outfits and I'm super excited about finding a cute dress to wear with the IDEO!

Favorite shoe brand to wear with the IDEO: So far, New Balance has been the only brand I have found that have worked for me. I'm always on the search for a new shoe, but in the meantime the dark colored New Balance ones blend in pretty well! (I agree! NB - especially the men's versions come in great dark color blends!)

Advice for other IDEOnistas: Do what makes you happy. Wear what makes you feel fabulous. Your IDEO can be an accessory, not an eye sore! Dress it up or dress it down. Whatever makes you feel good. (Love this.) I'm actually really proud of my IDEO. It has given me some of my life back. I get excited when people ask me about it and I can tell them about it. I've already given out Ryan's information three times to people who have seen the IDEO and asked about it. If someone else can get a little bit of their life back.... AWESOME!!

Shopping Advice: Bring a shoe horn! Try on everything, you might be surprised what works :) (Absolutely!)

How do you dress up the IDEO?: I'm still working on that perfect outfit. In the meantime, some black pants that blend in and colorful tops... Oh, and a smile :)

What is your proudest moment in the IDEO so far?: The day after I got back from Washington, I went to a beautiful park with my sister. I walked about 3.5 miles, only stopping to adjust my shoelaces (I've got that trick down now!). When I found out how long we had gone, I think my sister and I were both in tears... Then an avid hiker friend of mine went hiking on a trail and I did amazing if I do say so myself! There were some spots I had to stop and think how I would navigate it (they were tricky), but I was so shocked at what I could do. It's those little moments where it clicks that these are things I couldn't do before the IDEO. (It's such an amazing feeling, isn't it?!)

Any special goals for 2015?: Building a wardrobe is my number one goal! Then I will be back for another spotlight on the blog ;)

Favorite Quote: Your day goes the way your mouth turns... SMILE!

What's one thing you wish people knew about you?: I'm pretty much an open book. I wish people understood the pain people like us go through on a daily basis. Although the IDEO has helped me quite a bit, I'm still not pain free.

Any lasting words?: Beth is an inspiration. Her story is an awesome testimony and her blog is so inspiring! Even though for so many reasons I haven't found the perfect outfit yet, I can't wait to get to that point! (You'll find your style girl, I know it!)

 





 "Do what makes you happy. Wear what makes you feel fabulous. Your IDEO can be an accessory, not an eye sore! Dress it up or dress it down. Whatever makes you feel good." -Deidra

Amen sister! #beYOU #beFABULOUS #IDEOnista

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment