Sunday, December 21, 2014

So you want to wear a skirt...

Let's be honest, there are times when you just want to get dressed up and feel pretty. So let's go over some basics for how to wear a skirt with the IDEO.

If you live in a cold environment, you are in luck because I've found some of my best outfits have been during the winter months when I can wear tights and leggings. I live in Texas... so that only happens during a couple months out of the year! Below is a sample from what I call my IDEO fall collection :)

 

This is an outfit I wore to work the other day. I'm telling you, black is the way to go. I felt great in this outfit! Black leggings (from Target), with my black Swiftwick sock, black Zensah knee sleeve, black tennis shoes, and a black ankle sock for my non IDEO boring foot :) and I was set to go. You can barely tell the IDEO is there. 

Check out this other fun outfit. It's all all about finding ways to wear what you already have. We all own a pair of tights and / or leggings. Give it a try! Christmas is a great time to wear red tights with skirt! Last year I even put a bow on my IDEO.... :)


Here are just a few other ideas I wanted to share from the past week of outfits that I wore to work. I'll have to get better at taking pictures of myself! It's a little challenging ;)

Bottom line: Skirts are definitely do-able. In fact, I wear skirts probably 70% of the time. I'd recommend looking for skirts that hit right above the knee. This is a flattering look for both you and the IDEO... :) The key is to look for skirts in neutral colors - this way you can pair your tops with all sorts of outfits!

Does anyone else have ideas on how they wear their skirts?

1 comment: