Saturday, February 7, 2015

The Power of the Human Spirit

We all face challenges in life, but it's through our deepest struggles that we find the strength within. Had you asked me in June 2011 (pre-injury) if I thought I was a strong person, I would have probably told you that I was. But now looking back at the last four years since my injury, I've seen a strength in myself that I didn't know I had. Through all the struggle, when my body seemed to fail me and things weren't looking up, God kept my spirit alive. 

Dean Karnazes sums it up best.

"The body has limitations. The human spirit is boundless." - Dean Karnazes

Remember that though your injury or others may make you feel like you are limited - thank God for the IDEO but also thank God for the human spirit. #nevergiveup


No comments:

Post a Comment