Thursday, February 5, 2015

Look on the Sunnyside of Life :)

Hi fellow IDEOnista's! I’ve been a little under the weather lately but now that I’m on the upswing I wanted to give you an update on last weekend’s IDEO adventures. ☺

On Saturday I placed 3rd in my age group in the 5K I ran in!! I hope this inspires you to know that anything is possible with the IDEO. If running makes you happy, get out there and run again. If walking makes you happy, walk your socks off. Get back to doing what you LOVE again – whether that’s hiking, walking, running – start small and never give up. Pre-injury, when I ran in races, my goal was to beat my previous time and just get faster and faster and now – post-injury, running with the IDEO, I run with a sense of gratitude and thankfulness and each race is special to me because I know the challenges it took to get to where I am today. Before the start of each race I look down at my IDEO and remind myself just how far I’ve come. It’s not about winning anymore (although that is fun and I certainly haven’t lost my competitive nature!); but to me it’s now about enjoying the race because I remember the times when I didn’t know if I’d be able to ever run again. The IDEO is truly a life changing device.


 
Saturday evening was the first time since receiving my IDEO that I’ve been to a black-tie event and I wasn’t sure how my Brooks Glycerin’s and IDEO were going to look with my dress…but I’d have to say I think my inner IDEOnista shined through. ☺ I wore a floor length one shoulder dress and you couldn’t even tell I had a leg brace or tennis shoes on – it was awesome. This is good news for IDEOnista brides out there – I think you could easily fit your dress over the IDEO and your tennis shoes and no one would even know! Pre-IDEO, there would have been no way I could have danced at the wedding, let alone gone to the wedding without my crutches. The IDEO has allowed me to live life again. For that, I am thankful.
 
 
Wishing you all a great week.  Just remember, it’s not about what you don’t have, it’s about what you do with what you have left. Focus on the positives and remember though your injury may have taken a lot away from you and your life, it’s the choices you make with the life you have now. The IDEO opens up a lot of possibilities – don’t let your injury be a setback that stops you from achieving your dreams for your life – choose to make the most of what you have today. Choose to see what you can do with the IDEO – look for the positives that have resulted in your life because of the IDEO and most importantly, never give up. ♥

“I don’t think of all the misery, but of the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank

#IDEOfabulous

No comments:

Post a Comment